Due to our seminar on 26 January being oversubscribed, we have decided to run the seminar again on 2 February 2012.
As covered in our recent articles (which can be viewed here), the Government have recently announced major changes to employment law – some of which are definitely coming into force, while others are under consultation. 2012 looks set to be another year of significant upheaval in employment law, so employers need to be prepared!
In our seminar we will explain the reforms and what they mean for you in your workplace. In particular, we will cover:
– the increase in the qualifying period for unfair dismissal (from one year to two) in April 2012 – what does this mean in practice?
– what happens to those who have between one and two years’ service when the change comes in?
– will there be fewer claims after April 2012?
– proposed changes to the Tribunal system, such as getting rid of lay members
– the proposal to charge fees in Tribunal claims – but also to fine employers if they lose
– Cameron and Clegg’s proposal for “protected conversations” and how these might (or might not!) work.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn more in an interactive setting with our experienced team of solicitors.
The seminar is free, and is aimed at those who have responsibility for HR, but we’d be delighted to welcome you whatever your background. Please feel free to pass the details on to others who may be interested.
In order to book your place, please complete the form below, or alternatively email [email protected]. Places are available on a first come, first served basis.
Location & Times
The seminar will be held at Chichester Golf Club, Hunston Village, Chichester, West Sussex PO20 1AX (please click here for directions) in the Cathedral Suite located in the Clubhouse.
The site has ample free parking, however please do ensure you follow the signs to the Clubhouse to locate the correct building and car park.
Arrival & registration is between 08:00am – 08:20am. Refreshments and pastries will be available upon arrival. The seminar will end around 10:15am.