As employment law specialists, we are experts in dealing with Settlement Agreements (previously known as Compromise Agreements). So if you've been given a Settlement Agreement, you've come to the right place.
A Settlement Agreement is an agreement between an employer and an employee in which the employee agrees not to bring certain claims against the employer. There are certain statutory requirements for a Settlement Agreement to be valid, one of which is that the employee has to take independent legal advice on the terms and effect of the Agreement before signing. That's where we come in.
There are many different situations when Settlement Agreements can be used, and everyone's situation is different, so it is important to get the right advice. We understand that it may be a difficult time and the process can be confusing, so we are here to help you. At Pure Employment Law our team has advised on hundreds of Settlement Agreements in numerous different situations ranging from voluntary redundancies to high value complex disputes.
We take the time to discuss the terms of the Agreement with you and can advise you on issues such as notice pay, bonuses, employee benefits and potential claims. Unlike some other firms, we will talk you through your options and where appropriate, we can negotiate with your employer to ensure you get the best possible deal.
Normally in Settlement Agreement situations the employer pays for your legal advice (up to an agreed contribution). In the vast majority of cases our charges are within the contribution, and if for some reason they may be more we will talk to you beforehand.
We are especially proud of the client feedback we receive from advising employees on Settlement Agreements - in particular*:
- 100% of those who answered our questionnaire said that they would recommend our services to others.
- 92% of clients said they were 'very satisfied' with the advice they received (the remaining 8% were 'satisfied')
- 96% of clients felt that we responded 'very quickly' to their queries - (the remaining 4% said we responded 'reasonably quickly')
- Over 90% of clients said that the information we had given to them was 'very easy to understand' (the remainder said it was 'reasonably easy to understand').
If you have been given a Settlement Agreement, or if you are in a situation where a Settlement Agreement may be an option, we are happy to help – please contact us. We look forward to hearing from you.